Monday 4 June 2007

I haven't vanished

I feel bad for neglecting my fledgling music blog recently so I thought I would return before my tiny handful of readers vanish all together!The main reason for my absence is that I haven't been feeling very inspired by music of late.By that I mean that I haven't felt inspired by anything new,I hear things I haven't experienced before but they generally leave me untouched.As a result I have been retreating into nostalgia and listening to the likes of Ash,Oasis and Kenickie.

I also went to see Manic Street Preachers recently(AKA-huge and intense musical obsession of my youth).I've been a fan for more than 10 years now and during that time our relationship has changed a great deal.The arrival of their new album and tour has regnited the spark and the gig was wonderful.Parts of it left me feeling rather emotional as I felt the same connection with certain songs and lyrics as I did many a year ago.It's nice to think that after all of the good and bad memories hearing their songs can inspire it's still possible for them to inspire and comfort me,particularly as for a few years they felt lost to me completely.

I am still in the firm grip of my fixation with a certain Mr Adams of course and will be seeing him live this very week,I am thrilled at the prospect,and feel that there has never been an album so heavily anticipated as one 'Easy Tiger'.I already have an 'Easy Tiger'promotional badge which I plan to co-ordinate with all of my outfits in the coming weeks.

I've been listening to a lot of Anais Mitchell recently,I got her latest album 'The Brightness'this week and it is as pleasing as its predecessor,she is so wondeful and hardly known,that obviously needs to be remedied!

I'm off on a couple of musical trips in the next week and on my travels will undoubtedly be visiting the greatest branches of the Music and Video Exchange in the UK,I do hope I find some gems!I will definitely be updating with some more musical rantings again very soon so if you like what you see then please do return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had gotten to see the Manics on this tour but it just wasn't to be! By all accounts, this is their first good album of the 21st century. Of course they're not the same band, but they're matured into something that their fans - now grown-up - can appreciate.

I'm subscribed to your blog via RSS, so I'm always going to notice when you update.

Sentimental Geek said...

Ooh a feed,that makes me feel special!